5 Best WordPress Timeline Plugins Compared
Adding a timeline section to your website is a great way to showcase content and offer a unique experience to your website visitors. In this post, we’ll help you pick the best WordPress timeline plugin to create a professional timeline for your website.
Usually, it takes hours of coding and lots of design work to craft something as complex as an interactive timeline for a website. Thanks to WordPress, this can be done with just a few clicks using timeline plugins.
Why Use A Timeline Plugin?
Timelines in web design can be used in many different ways. Business websites can use a timeline to showcase company history. A startup website can use a timeline to show its roadmap. Freelancers can use one to showcase their portfolio. A professional can use them to include their past work and experience in a resume website. And more.
Using a timeline plugin you can add a unique section to your website to showcase information in a more entertaining way. Some timeline plugins will even let you create interactive experiences where users can interact with the website to explore the timeline.
This enhances the website user experience and creates a more engaging experience. With a simple WordPress timeline plugin, you can create a similar timeline section to achieve that goal.
Top WordPress Timeline Plugins
There are many timeline plugins available on WordPress, but not many great options. Among the very best, we handpicked the top 5 timeline plugins and compare their features to see which one stands out.
Let’s take a closer look at the plugins.
- Best Feature: Premade templates with modern designs
- Price: $19
Everest Timeline is a modern timeline plugin that comes packed with different styles of timelines, including both vertical and horizontal timeline designs as well as Facebook and Twitter layouts. It also supports image, video, slideshow, and audio content as well.
One of the best features of this plugin is that it comes with more than 50 different premade timeline templates, which you can easily customize and embed on your website to create a professional timeline section.
- Modern TimelineTemplates: The plugin lets you choose from over 50 templates to create unique timelines.
- eCommerce Support: It supports both WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads plugins for making product-based timelines.
- Facebook and Twitter: Create timelines with Facebook and Twitter content.
- Page Builder Support: Everest Timeline is also compatible with WPBakery page builder as well as Font Awesome icons.
- Custom Post Types: You can also create timelines filled with images, videos, and audio using the plugin.
- Embed Anywhere: With shortcode support, you can easily embed your timelines anywhere on your website.
2. WP Timeline
- Best Feature: Works with any page builder
- Price: $25
WP Timeline is an advanced timeline plugin for WordPress that comes many useful features, such as the ability to create timelines by date and or by custom order. It also includes animations for making more attractive timelines and fully responsive designs that look great on mobile devices.
The plugin also works with all popular page builders, including Elementor, WPBakery page builder, and the SiteOrigin page builder as well.
- Modern Timeline Templates: The plugin offers more than 45 different premade templates for making creative timelines.
- Create Animated Timelines: You can choose from 40 different effects to add animations to your timelines as well.
- Color Themes: You can make both dark and light color timelines using the plugin.
- Support For Infinite Scrolling: The plugin supports infinite scrolling and Ajax load more options for making your timelines easier to explore.
- Unlimited Color Options: Customize your timeline designs however you like with any color you want.
- Best Feature: Create blog post timelines
- Price: $25
Cool Timeline Pro is the premium version of a popular free timeline plugin, which comes with access to more advanced features and timeline templates, including ones made specifically for companies.
The plugin offers multiple timeline templates such as company history timeline, events timeline, as well as personal achievements timeline for quickly setting up a professional timeline for your website.
- Easily Customize The Design: Cool Timeline Pro lets you easily create and customize the timeline designs to your preference to change the order, select dates, and more.
- Blog Post Timelines: You can use the plugin to create stylish blog post timelines as well.
- Lots Of Animations: Animate your timeline using creative animated effects.
- Custom Post Support: The plugin also supports image, video, and slide show posts in timelines.
- WPBakery Page Builder Support: With support for page builders, you can create beautiful landing pages with timelines as well.
- Best Feature: Touch-enabled navigation
- Price: Free
Timeline and History slider is one of the most popular free timeline plugins available in the WordPress plugins directory. This is the free version of a premium plugin, as a result, it comes with limited features. However, it offers enough options for making a basic timeline on your website.
The plugin is slightly more geared towards advanced WordPress users as it has to be customized with shortcode parameters for changing functions such as choosing categories and limiting the number of posts.
- Mobile-Friendly Timelines: The plugin includes touch-enabled timeline designs that support touch gestures for a better browsing experience on mobile devices.
- Scalable Designs: The timeline designs are also fully responsive and scale with device screens.
- Support For Shortcodes: With shortcodes, you can embed the timelines anywhere on your website and customize them with parameters.
5. Timeline Pro
- Best Feature: Support for custom post types
- Price: Free
Timeline Pro is another free WordPress timeline plugin that’s more suitable for beginners. This plugin doesn’t include many templates for creating different kinds of timelines but offers a beginner-friendly experience for making a simple timeline.
The plugin lets you create unlimited timelines on your website, free of charge. It also features easily customizable designs as well.
- Display Custom Posts: The plugin lets you display any type of a post in your timelines with the ability to mark featured posts.
- Ajax Load More Feature: it also supports Ajax load more, load post comments, and post reply options as well.
- Responsive Designs: The timelines you create with the plugin will look great on any mobile device screen.
- Social Share Buttons: Make your timeline posts easily shareable with social share buttons.
Which Timeline Plugin Is Best For You?
Finding a decent free timeline plugin is really difficult. Most of the existing free plugins in the WordPress plugins directory are either outdated or feature terrible designs. If you care about making your timeline look more professional and modern, we recommend choosing a premium plugin.
The Everest Timeline is by far our favorite timeline plugin as it comes packed with features you can use to make all kinds of timelines from online shopping experiences to blog post timelines, history timelines, and more. For the $19 price tag, it’s a worthy investment.
Depending on your budget and the purpose of your timeline, other plugins can be quite useful as well. Choose accordingly.
Looking for WordPress hosting? We use SiteGround. Their managed WordPress hosting is fast, powerful, and secure. Prices start from $3.95 per month.